How can people contact you?
Through my Research Gate profile
Tell us a little bit about yourself?
Jamel CHAHED is a Hydraulics Engineer and Doctor of Sciences, Professor at the National Engineering School of Tunis, University of Tunis El Manar. His work focuses on transfers in industrial and environmental fluid systems, atmospheric dispersion, water management and governance. His research has appeared as articles, books, book chapters, conference acts in specialized literature such as hydrology, water resources managements, hydraulics, turbulence and transfers, environmental engineering. He has been involved in number of national and international academic research and technical programs. He actively contributed to the development of long-term vision for national water security with a thematic focus on holistic water balance assessment. As visiting professor, associate researcher, guest speaker he joined number of research teams at academic institutes, research laboratories, R&D centres.
What are your main interests?
What are you currently working on?
Holistic water balances, water security, water management and governance.
How can you contribute to WFN and its mission or what can people contact you for?
Research, think tank on water management and governance, consultancy, data, skills and training, publications, national and international scientific networks.
Key contributions so far
- Besbes M., Chahed J., Hamdane A. (2019), National Water Security, Case study of an arid country: Tunisia, Springer 2009
- Besbes M., Chahed J., Hamdane A., (2018), Water-Food issues and prospects in the North West African region, In Oxford University Press Handbook on Food, water and society, Ed. Tony Allan, Dr Martin Keulertz, Dr Tony Colman, Mr Brendan Bromwich
- Besbes M., Chahed J., Hamdane A., (2014), Sécurité Hydrique de la Tunisie: Gérer l’eau en conditions de pénurie. Editions L’Harmattan, 2014.
- Chahed J., Besbes M., Hamdane A. (2014), Virtual-Water Content of Agricultural Production and Food Trade Balance of Tunisia, International Journal of Water Resources Development, 31:3, 407-421
- Chahed J., Besbes M., Hamdane A. (2014), A global View of Managing Water Resources in Tunisia, International Conference on Water-Food-Energy Nexus in Drylands: Bridging Science and Policy, Rabat, June 12-13, 2014
- Besbes M., Chahed J., Shayeb H., Hamdane A. (2013), L’eau en Tunisie, Techniques de l’Ingénieur, Base documentaire Eau : propriétés, qualité, valeurs d’usage, Réf. W3005
- Chahed J., Besbes M., Hamdane A. (2011), Alleviating water scarcity by optimizing Blue and Green Virtual Water fluxes. Proceedings of the ESF Strategic Workshop on accounting for water scarcity and pollution in the rules of international trade, Amsterdam, 25-26 November 2010, Hoekstra, A.Y., Aldaya, M.M. and Avril, B. (eds), Value of Water Research Report Series No. 54, UNESCO-IHE, Delft, the Netherlands
- Besbes M., Chahed J., Hamdane A., De Marsily G. (2010), Changing Water Resources and Food Supply in Arid Zones: Tunisia; in “Water and Sustainability in Arid Regions; Book Chapter, G.Schneider-Madanes & M.F Courel editors, Springer 2010.
- Chahed J., Besbes M., Hamdane A. (2010), Water scarcity and food security: a global assessment of water potentiality in Tunisia. In “Re-thinking water and food security”, fourth Marcelino Botín Foundation water workshop, Santander, Spain 2009, Martínez-Cortina L., Garrido A., López-Gunn E., (eds), CRC Press/Balkema.
- Besbes M., Hamdane A., Chahed J., Hamza M. (2008), World Water Development Report 3, Case study in Tunisia, UN World Water Assessment Program, 2008.
- Chahed J., Besbes M., Hamdane A. (2008), A comprehensive water balance of Tunisia: blue water, green water, and virtual water; Water International, 33:4, 415-424
- Chahed J., Besbes M., Hamdane A. (2007), Stress hydrique et sécurité alimentaire, une vision intégrale des ressources en eau; La Houille Blanche ; N° 03-2007.
- Chahed J., Hamdane A, Besbes M., (2005), Une vision intégrale du bilan hydrique de la Tunisie : Eau Bleue, Eau Verte, Eau Virtuelle”, 6ème Conférence Internationale, European Water Resources Association (EWRA-2005), 7 – 10 Septembre 2005, Menton, France.