The secretariat of the Water Footprint Network is housed in room Z223 in the Horst Building at the green campus of the University of Twente, situated in between the towns of Hengelo and Enschede, the Netherlands.
The Horst Building is no. 20 at this campus map
By public transport
Take a train to Hengelo, Enschede or Enschede Kennispark. You can plan your trip on this train journey planner.
- From Hengelo railway station take either bus 15 to Universiteit or bus 9 to Enschede (busses 17, 18, and 19 also pass the University).
- From Enschede railway station take either bus 1 to Universiteit or bus 9 to Hengelo
- From Enschede Kennispark railway station take bus 1 to Universiteit.
If you use a navigation system, navigate to Drienerlolaan 5 in Enschede, Netherlands.
- From the Dutch A1 motorway, take the A35 motorway towards Enschede. Then take exit no.26 Enschede-West/Universiteit. Follow the signs Universiteit.
- From the German A30, cross the border and follow the motorway (Dutch A1). Take the A35 motorway towards Enschede. Take exit no.26 Enschede-West/Universiteit. Follow the signs Universiteit.
- From the German A31, follow the signs to Enschede. After crossing the border, stay on N35/A35. Take exit no.26 Enschede-West/Universiteit. Follow the signs Universiteit.
Fly to Amsterdam (Schiphol Airport), the largest airport in the Netherlands. Every 30 minutes there is an intercity connection from Schiphol to Enschede (sometimes straight, other times with switch of trains in Amersfoort). The trip takes about two hours. When you arrive at the train station in Enschede, you can either take a bus to the campus (see above) or a taxi.