Benefits of joining the Water Footprint Research Alliance
- Recognition: High visibility as key research institutes in the field of WFA research
- Potential funding: Collaboration in fundraising for joint projects. For example, for research funds requiring multiple partners from different regions, such as for Horizon 2020, or for WFA-related research topics that require shared advocacy as part of future funding calls with major donors
- Visibility: Presentation of research, publications and data on Water Footprint Network’s website, through partner events and other communications channels
- Strategic research direction: Contribution to a joint research agenda that supports WFN’s activities
- Research outreach: Joint organisation of workshops, seminars and conferences. For example, at the annual World Water Week in Stockholm, the International Water Week in Amsterdam, IWRA conferences and the World Water Forums
- Higher academic impact: Co-operation in special issues of scientific journals on Water Footprint Assessment
- Knowledge exchange: PhD-Postdoc exchanges, guest research, webinars and other events to be part of future funding calls with major donors
Membership Application Form
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Water Footprint Research Alliance (WFRA) initiative, coordinated by the Water Footprint Network.
To become a member of the group, please fill out the application form below.
There is no fee to become a member. As a pre-requisite, your organisation must:
- be a research institute (academic setting or independent research in the field of water as the core operation)
- be a partner of the Water Footprint Network. If your organisation is not an existing partner, you can always apply to become a partner at the same time as applying to become a WFRA member. Visit here to find out how to become a partner.
Once received, we will review the information and come back to you to finalise the membership.